About the Reindeer Run
What is the Reindeer Run?
- The Reindeer Run is a holiday tradition in Lakewood, Ohio including a 5K road race and kids quarter mile race.
Who does this event benefit?
When does each event begin?
- Sunday, December 3, 2023
- Dasher Dash 8:45AM
- 5k Run 9:00AM
Where does the race begin?
- Lakewood Park (14532 Lake Ave. Lakewood, OH 44107)
When does race day registration/packet pickup begin?
- 5K - Early Bird Rate until September 1 - $30
- 5K - Standard Rate until November 25 - $35
- 5K - Late Rate through Race Day - $40
- Virtual 5K - $35 (includes packet mailing)
- Dasher Dash (11 and under) - $10
Packet Pick-Up Information
- Early pickup date and locations are listed: HERE
If I am pre-registered for the race, do I need to bring anything to packet pick-up?
- It is not required but we ask that you bring your confirmation email for easy pick up
Can someone else pick up my race bib and t-shirt?
- Yes, both can be picked up by/for family and friends. Please have them bring a copy of your registration confirmation for easy pick up.
- If picking up for 5 or more members of your group, email email@example.com with 1) your pickup location 2) the list of participants you will be picking up for. This way we can prepare your packets ahead of time!
Results and Awards
How is this race timed?
- This race is an officially timed event using the disposable Bib tag timing system. Timing chips are attached directly to the back of your bib number and are to remain adhered for the duration of the event. You do not need to return your timing chip after the race.
Where can I see my results?
- Results will be posted directly after the race on our website. Locate the race and click the ‘Results’ link or on the home page, go to the Race Results tab. You may need to refresh your browser to view.
What do I do if my results are incorrect or missing?
- After the results have been officially posted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.
Does this race provide any kind of awards?
- Top three overall male and female finishers in the 5k receive special holiday awards.
- The top three finishers male and female in the following age groups:
- 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- Awards for The Jess Bell Senior Division
I could not pick up my award on race day, how can I get my award?
- There are three additional ways to get your award:
- You can pick up the awards at the Hermes office located at 2425 West 11th
Street, Suite #2 , Cleveland, OH 44113
- We can send your award to the next Hermes race you plan to run. Contact email@example.com to make arrangements.
- We do NOT mail awards
- Awards can be claimed for up to 30 days after the race.
Race Day Logistics and Information
Where can I park the morning of the race?
- Parking is available in and around Lakewood Park.
Is there a bag check?
- No, there will not be a bag check.
Am I able to bring my dog or a stroller to the race?
- Dogs and strollers are welcome, but please stay to the back of the start area for the safety of the runners.
Refunds and Transfers
I can no longer participate in the race due to an injury or scheduling conflict, can I get a refund or transfer to another person?
- Sorry, but all entries are non-refundable. Once we’ve received and processed your entry, you will not receive a refund, you may not sell your race number to other people, and entry fees are not transferable to the next year’s race.
- You are able to transfer to another person for free anytime prior to packet pickup!
- To complete a Transfer, go to your profile on Runsignup and chose the "Gift Transfer" option.
- Enter in the Transferee’s name and email to send them the transferring registration. Once the transferee completes the registration, the original registrant is removed from the race.
- For more information follow: https://runsignup.com/How-To/Transfer-To-Another-Runner
If I am unable to attend and I have already registered, can I still get my t-shirt and packet?
- Yes, you can pick those up at our office the following week - we do not mail packets. Please call the office ahead of time to let us know that you are coming, 216-623-9933.
Hermes Sports & Events
2425 West 11th Street Suite #2
Cleveland Ohio 44113
Can I volunteer?
- Yes, see volunteer opportunities HERE
Do I have to run the race or can I walk instead?
- You may walk the course, however police may ask you to move to the sidewalk as the race draws to an end.
What is the weather typically like at this race?
- We have seen temps in the teens with snow one year and 50's and sunny the next - welcome to NE Ohio.
What should I bring to the race?
- While this depends on personal preference, a typical race packing list includes your running shoes, spare shoes/socks in case of inclement weather, layers or a change of clothes, a watch, your registration confirmation (if you need to pick up your packet), and your race bib (if you have already picked up your packet).
How is the course- does it have many hills?
- The course is very flat and perfect for a 5k PR.
For how long will the course be open?
- The course will stay open until about an hour after the race start time. Ultimately the police decide when to close the course for everyone’s safety.
Will you email me more information closer to the race?
- We will send out a packet pickup email reminder leading up to race week. All of the current information about the event can be found on the main Reindeer Run page. You can call us at 216-623-9933 with any questions!
For more information, call (216) 623-9933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org